Tangible advantages for municipalities.
From Frankfurt to Lodz to Budapest (shown in picture), REMONDIS is currently participating in many public private partnerships.
If two partners join forces to unite their individual strengths – strengths that complement each other perfectly – then far more can be achieved as a team. When working together with municipalities, REMONDIS relies on public private partnerships, a cooperation model which has proven, over many years now, to be a great success in the water and environmental service branch. Such public private partnerships mean many advantages – above all greater knowledge, additional resources and lower costs – for town councils and district councils and also for the citizens living in these areas.
The most important advantages of public private partnerships for municipalities and their citizens:
- flexible cooperation work thanks to the different possible contract models
- access to REMONDIS' know-how and many years of experience
- access to REMONDIS' capacities in the areas of personnel, logistics and facilities
- reduced pressure on public resources; possibility to tap into new markets
- secure investments thanks to external capital and additional financing expertise
- operating efficiency and so stable rates
- guaranteed supply and disposal services through the connections to REMONDIS' network
Public Private Partnerships
A public private partnership is a business model used for cooperation work between municipalities and private sector companies for the mutual benefit of both parties. A company is set up in which the opportunities, risks and resources are shared between the partners.
What citizens wish to have are reliable supply and waste management services as well as stable rates and fees. The financial situation of most municipalities, however, means that they are limited in what they can do. With this difficult situation in mind, public private partnerships are the best solution long-term.